Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Nothing 'sweet' about me ^_^

Just when I want to start my diet again, I am starting to fall for this sweet pastry 'Baklava.'
Last week I bought some from the city and it tasted so good. Yesterday I went to a Turkish shop near my place and got some more. I bought 6 pieces but G had like 4 or 5.
I was also in a mood of baking muffins yesterday so I chose Grandma's blueberry muffins (why 'grandma'? , i don't know)

Photobucket

Today is Fasching Day (Mardi Gras, Carnival). I didn't go out coz i was afraid of drunk people.
It's like a mini preview of Oktoberfest where there are quite many crazy/drunk people in the streets.
Although G and I don't celebrate this festival, it doesn't mean we can't 'celebrate.'
Instead of walking in the snow to buy Krapfen, I decided to bake another tray of muffins!
I ended up having so many muffins laying on my kitchen top now :)

I bought this muffin book long time ago (it came with a 'gratis' muffin tray). I adapt a bit to each recipe when i bake. It works out fine so far.

Photobucket

Today the Oscar goes to 'Peach Jam muffins.' ^_^ Thanks to my mother-in-law who gave us a variety of homemade jams.

Photobucket

There are a few more steps to baking the jam ones because the jam and peace need to be added halfway before filling up the full muffins.

And then voila! After 25min baking, I could enjoy my 'me' time with muffins and Thai iced tea :-)

Photobucket


Here's my new office (thanks to G!). The screen's wallpaper was secretly done by G as well ^-^

Photobucket

No comments: